Manuscript Number : IJSRCE19356
Soil Structure Interaction of a Mid Rise Building frame for Seismic Load Considering Soft & Loamy Soil Condition using Analysis Tool SAP2000
Authors(3) :-Niket Kumar Tiwari, Rakesh Patel, Gaurav Tiwari
Now a day the human life and the environment have frequently been endangered by the natural hazards like earthquake, tsunami, flood, cyclone and landslides. As a consequence of which the human society and the nation’s economy get hampered immediately after the occurrence of a natural disaster. In developing countries like India, where the population is very large and is increasing day by day, the social and economic factors force the people to live in vulnerable areas, due to which the effects of these natural disasters are catastrophic. Among all these threats, liquefaction of soil can be pointed out as one of the most disastrous seismic hazards. Hence evaluation of liquefaction susceptibility is an important aspect of geotechnical engineering. soil-structure interaction effect in the analysis and design of RC frame buildings is increasingly recognized but still not penetrated to the grass root level owing to various complexities involved. It is well established fact that the soil-structure interaction effect considerably influence the design of multi-storey buildings subjected to lateral seismic loads. In this study we are performing seismic assessment using Analytical tool SAP2000 over a mid rise building frame where we will provide lateral load for zone V (0.36) to determine soil structure interaction for lateral loads, for this study a mid rise symmetrical building of G+7 storey is considered.
Niket Kumar Tiwari
P.G. Scholar, Department of Civil Engineering, SIRTS, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, SIRTS, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, SIRTS, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
Soil Interaction, Analysis Tool, Mid Rise Building, Support Reaction, Forces.
- Supriya and Reddy, "Soil Interaction of Building Frame Resting on Clayey Soil: Effect of Change of Footing Size", "International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE)", ISSN: 2277-3878, Volume-8 Issue-2, July 2019
- A Bogdanovic, K Edip, Marta, "Simulation of soil structure interaction problems considering material properties", "Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research", 2016, 3(2):132-139.
- Ghalimath A.G, More Sheetal.A, Hatti Mantesh .A, Jamadar Chaitrali.A "Analytical Approaches for Soil Structure Interaction", "International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET)", Volume: 02 Issue: 05, Aug-2015
- G. Saad, F. Saddik & S. Najjar "Impact of Soil Structure Interaction on the Seismic Design of Reinforced Concrete Buildings with Underground Stories", "Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering", 33, 2012, pp. 958-967.
- Hailu Getachew Kabtamu, Gang Peng, Denghong Chen. "Dynamic Analysis of Soil Structure Interaction Effect on Multi Story RC Frame", "Open Journal of Civil Engineering", 2018, 8, 426-446.
- Magade S. B and Prof. Patankar J. P. "Effect of Soil Structure Interaction On The Dynamic Behavior of Buildings", "IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering", (IOSR-JMCE) ISSN: 2278-1684, PP: 09-14
- Nimisha Ann Sunny Dr. Alice Mathai "Soil Structure Interaction Analysis of Multi Storey Building", "IJSTE - International Journal of Science Technology & Engineering", Volume 3, Issue 11, May 2017.
- Nitish Kumar S and Praveen J V "Study of Soil Structure Interaction Effect on Multi-Storey RC Frame Structures Resting Over Raft Foundation under Earthquake Caused Agitation", "International Journal of Civil and Structural Engineering Research", Vol. 4, Issue 1, pp: (95-102), Month: April 2016 - September 2016
- Peizhen Li, Xilin Lu, Bo Chen and Yueqing Chen "COMPUTER SIMULATION ON DYNAMIC SOIL-STRUCTURE INTERACTION SYSTEM", "13th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering", August 1-6, 2004 Paper No. 3233
- Prakash M. Yesane, Y. M. Ghugal, R. L. Wankhade "Study on Soil-Structure Interaction: A Review", "International Journal of Engineering Research", ISSN:2319-6890),2347-5013Volume No.5 Issue: Special 3, 2016, , pp: 737-741
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 5 | September-October 2019
Date of Publication : 2019-10-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 35-40
Manuscript Number : IJSRCE19356
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrce.com/IJSRCE19356