Manuscript Number : IJSRCE193453
Utilization of Construction and Demolition waste in Civil Industry : A Review
Authors(3) :-Sanjay Kumar Vishwakarma, Vinay Ajeet Saxena, Dr. Ajay Pratap Singh
Construction and Demolition waste are not new terms in Construction Industry as for years, construction industry has been producing enormous amount of waste. Growing rate of waste generation has led to various environmental problems. This waste need to be settle down to avoid environmental hazards. In this paper we are presenting review of past researches related to utilization of waste and construction demolished waste material in construction industry.
Sanjay Kumar Vishwakarma
P.G. Scholar, Department of Civil Engineering, R.E.C. Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
Vinay Ajeet Saxena
Asst. Prof., Department of Civil Engineering, R.E.C. Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
Dr. Ajay Pratap Singh
Assoc. Prof. & H.O.D., Department of Civil Engineering, R.E.C. Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
Waste, Construction Industry, Recycling, Concrete, Environmental, Materials, Strength.
- W. Kurdowski, Cement chemistry, PWN, Warszawa, 1991.
- L. Lichoáai, A. Szalacha, Building materials and their laboratory tests, Wydawnictwo Politechniki Rzeszowski.
- K. Kije?ski, A. K. Bá?dzki, R. Jeziórska, Recovery and recycling of polymeric materials, PWN, Warszawa 2011.
- J. Pielichowski, A. Puszy?ski, Polymer chemistry, Wydawnictwo Naukowo-Techniczne TEZA, Kraków 2004.
- M. Dziewo?ska, Macromolecular compounds - polymers, Wydawnictwo Akademii Ekonomicznej w Krakowie, Kraków, 1995.
- M. Scheffler, P.Colombo, Eds., Cellular Ceramics: Structure, Manufacturing, Properties and Applications, WILEY – VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim, 2005.
- R. Dachowski, A. Stepien, The impact of various additives on the microstructure of silicate products. Procedia Engineering 21 (2011) 1173-1178.
- M. Nowek, The use of selected regranulates in silicate masonry elements. The 9th International Conference “ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING” 22–23 May 2014, Vilnius, Lithuania (2014), pp 1-6.
- R. Dachowski, S. Kapaáa, The impact of high-impact polystyrene regrind on properties of autoclaved aerated concrete. Materiaáy Budowlane /2015, p. 18-20.
- I. Jas?ska, R. Dachowski, Foam glass granulate as an additive light weight silicate, Praca zbiorowa pod redakcj? Joanny Bzówki pt. Experimental and theoretical construction studies, monografia, Wydawnictwo Politechniki ?l?skiej, Gliwice 2012.
- PN - EN 13813: Subfloors and materials used to made them. Materials. The properties and requirements.
- Jeffrey C, 2011, Construction and Demolition Waste Recycling- A literature review, Dalhousie University’s Office of Sustainability Centre for Science and Environment, Delhi, Construction and Demolition Waste 2015.
- Kasthurba A, Reddy K, Reddy V, 2014, Sustainable Approaches for Utilising Waste in Building Construction: Two Case Studies in India, International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering
- Rajput S, Chouhan M, 2013, Eco-Friendly building analysis with reused building materials, Department of Civil Engineering, MANIT Bhopal
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 1998, Characterization of building-related construction and demolition debris in the United States.
- Dolan P, Lampo R, Dearborn J, 1999, Concepts for Reuse and Recycling of Construction and Demolition Waste, US Army Corps of Engineers Centre for Science and Environment, Challenges and Responsibilities in Architecture, Available from http://www.cseindia.org/userfiles/Surya%201.pdf
- Construction Products Association, Lessons learned from the London 2012 Games Construction Project.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 5 | September-October 2019
Date of Publication : 2019-09-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 14-19
Manuscript Number : IJSRCE193453
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrce.com/IJSRCE193453