Manuscript Number : IJSRCE193451
Seismic Assessment of a Historical Masonry Structure using Analysis Tool
Authors(2) :-Pankaj Agarwal, Rahul Satbhaiya
As India is a place of historical divine, here structure of 18th century also exist in a safe and static condition without much failure in there stability. In this study we are selecting a historical monumental (mahal) building, collecting its dimensional data, material property, sectional details and strength to model the same structure of same aspects in Sap2000 and to Assign Non linear static analysis to check stability criteria and resistivity of an old structure. In this study, I will analyze a historical building located at islam nagar Bhopal M.P. to determine the critical section of the monument after determining its strength, applying pushover analysis method using analysis tool SAP2000 considering seismic data of Bhopal region. In this study it is concluded that in the analysis of historical monument using analysis tool SAP2000 and assigning pushover method we concluded that brick masonary section is critical one and need to be retrofitted to resist any natural calamity.
P.G. Scholar, Department of Civil Engineering, Infinity Management & Engineering College Sagar, Madhya Pradesh, India
Asst. Prof. & H.O.D., Department of Civil Engineering, Infinity Management & Engineering College Sagar, Madhya Pradesh, India
Dimensional Data, Material Property, Restoration, FEMA
- M. R. Arefi, “A study on the damping ratio of the viscous fluid dampers in the braced frames,” vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 1223–1235, 2014.
- J. Marti, M. Crespo, and F. Martinez, “Seismic Isolation and Protection Systems,” Seism. Isol. Prot. Syst., vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 125–140, 2010.
- M. K. Muthukumar G, “Analytical modeling of damping,” indian Concr. J., vol. 88, no. 4, 2014.
- I. López, J. M. Busturia, and H. Nijmeijer, “Energy dissipation of a friction damper,” J. Sound Vib., vol. 278, no. 3, pp. 539–561, 2004.
- J. A. Inaudi and J. M. Kelly, “Mass Damper Using Friction-Dissipating Devices,” J. od Eng. Mech., vol. 121, no. 1, pp. 142–149, 1995.
- W. J. William H. Robinson, “Lead Damper for base isolution.pdf.” Proceedings of 9th world conference on Earthquake, 1998.
- J. Otten, J. Luntz, D. Brei, K. A. Strom, A. L. Browne, and N. L. Johnson, “Proof-of-Concept of the Shape Memory Alloy ReseTtable Dual Chamber Lift Device for Pedestrian Protection With Tailorable Performance,” J. Mech. Des., vol. 135, no. 6, p. 61008, Apr. 2013.
- D. Demetriou, N. Nikitas, and K. D. Tsavdaridis, “Semi active tuned mass dampers of buildings: A simple control option,” Am. J. Eng. Appl. Sci., vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 620–632, 2015.
- E. L. Anderson, “Performance-Based Design of Seismically Isolated Bridges,” p. 494, 2003.
- S. Infanti, J. Robinson, and R. Smith, “Viscous Dampers For High-Rise Buildings,” 14th World Conf. Earthq. Eng., 2008.
- V. Umachagi, K. Venkataramana, G. R. Reddy, and R. Verma, “Applications of Dampers for Vibration Control of Structures : an Overview,” Int. J. Res. Eng. Technol., pp. 6–11, 2013.
- J. Marko, D. Thambiratnam, and N. Perera, “Influence of damping systems on building 90 structures subject to seismic effects,” Eng. Struct., vol. 26, no. 13, pp. 1939–1956, 2004.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 5 | September-October 2019
Date of Publication : 2019-09-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 01-07
Manuscript Number : IJSRCE193451
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
URL : http://ijsrce.com/IJSRCE193451